full screen background image

Sunday 12 June 2011

Hello Lovely Crafty Friends!!  I'm here with you today to bring you a Vintage Bombshell creation that I made as a custom order for a darling friend.  I started with Bombshell Angel.  A classic, a treasure and the most fabulous "go-to" in my Bombshell Collection.  

I started by trimming out a few different ovals using my Cricut.  I decided on the size that I needed and stamped Angel in Momento ink.  I then colored her completely using my Copics.  I decided to paper piece her bathing suit so I then stamped her onto purple embossed cardstock.  I trimmed out her suit, ran very lightly over it with a paper nail file to bring out the embossing a bit, popped it into my Xyron sticker machine to evenly apply adhesive to the back and then adhered it on.  Once I looked at it I realized that it was SCREAMING for me to glaze up the suit!  To continue on with her super glam look I took my quickie glue pen and glittered up her shoes in sparkly red SU! glitter.  I added a tiny pearl to the gorgeous purple flower in her hair and VOILA!  A gorgeous Bombshell!!!

After I assembled my background using a mixture of G45 - Fashionista paper along with some sparkly purple cardstock, lots of stitching and some super vintage embellishments I worked on my sentiments.  My Happy Birthday sentiment is from the Banner Sayings set.  I stamped it on ivory/tanish cardstock - paper that kind of looks like old pirate map paper.  I shaded and colored the corners and glazed it up.  I then trimmed the banner out and placed it just above the "bombshell" stamp so the entire sentiment says "Happy Birthday Bombshell".
I set her aside overnight for everything to dry.  I added some beautiful pearls, a vintage key and my favorite vintage white with red stitching ribbon in a big fluffy bow. 
I continued my theme for the inside  keeping it simple yet fun.  I used three different Nestie circles using matching papers from the front and dark stitching to pull in the front. 
 
 I added a stamped flower colored in the same tones to match the flower in her hair.  I added a larger pearl as an added little touch.
I hope you all enjoy my vintage creation today!!  I hope you all enjoy and have been inspired!!!  

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Meredith! She is super sassy and full of personality! Those glittery red shoes have me thinking of The Yellow Brick Road ;D Perhaps she is the bombshell version of Dorothy. I love it! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very beautiful card Meredith! I love the vintageness of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love all the different red elements on here. The shoes, and then all the dots, and red paper and stuff... They are so different and yet work so well together.

    ReplyDelete