full screen background image

Friday 27 July 2012

Shrinky Dinky!

I've always found using shrink plastic a little difficult- I think the first shrink plastic I had may not have been the best quality as the ink had a habit of sliding off-very frustrating!
Anyhow I decided to give it another go when Susie challenged us to create jewellery with our Bombshells and tried some CLEAR shrink plastic this time!

~I stamped the feisty looking little cat from the Classic Tattoo set with black Staz-On ink and coloured on the back of the image with copic pens.
~I trimmed around the image and remembered to punch a hole to attach my charm to my planned brooch.
~Shrinking the image is a nerve wracking time- watching that little piece of plastic whip and writhe around is very odd- especially when it looks like it's going to get stuck on itself!
I persevered with the heating and he straightened up and I flattened him with my acrylic stamp block; we both survived and Lucky Cat turned out to be a really cute little charm!


~I added a jump ring to the cat and attached it to a Tim Holtz Swivel Clip: I love the swivel clips for jewelery they are grungy and make great brooches, bracelets (two together) zipper tags, or keyrings!


 For my other charms I stacked a couple of Tim Holtz gears up with a Game Spinner and added a brad to hold them together; used a Halloween token; a small bottle with some glitter and a little label and finally I threaded some beads onto a wire and added those for some bling!


Here is the finished brooch;


I actually loved the shrinking of the Lucky Cat he looks so cute this size and I have some more ideas for shrinky dinks from making this project!
So that's it from me for now!
Happy Crafting!
GlitteryKatie xxx

2 comments:

  1. So kewl and soo coincidental. Today I posted a shrinky dink bombshell charm bracelet on my blog. I was think of making a purse charm and yours is awesome sauce on toast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is awesome! I've always wanted to play with this stuff, looks like so much fun! ;) Nicely done Katie! :D

    ReplyDelete