full screen background image

Monday 13 August 2012

Thank You Card

Hello! Alison here. It’s a beautiful day on Long Island! No humidity, the sun is shining, and my husband took the day off from work…so I am going to make this short and sweet! I recently got a couple of new (to me) sets from Bombshell Stamps. Two of them are Rose’s Portrait and Banner Sayings. I used both of these to make the card I am sharing with you today.

I used my “triple threat” mix of colored pencils, watercolor markers and Copics to color my focal image in. My kids love this set. They have asked me to stamp it out for them, so they can color it too. I think part of the reason is because her name is Rose, like their late grandmother. <3

I am looking forward to coloring her in a lot of different ways. I can see so many options for her makeup!

I used a stencil from The Crafter’s Workshop for my background. Colored with Distress Inks. It’s a simple card, but it’s pretty. That lovely portrait has such an impact, that you don’t need a lot of “fluff.” That’s all for today! I am going outside to enjoy this glorious day! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment