full screen background image

Thursday 6 September 2012

Meet Ms. September!

Lizzie Oakley is our talented Ms. September.

I gave her a list of questions and had her respond so that you could find out more about her!

1. Brief info about yourself, including your name, where you live, your family (if you want), etc.
Hellos! I'm Lizzie. I'm a momma of three that lives in Texas City, TX. I have been crafting since I was old enough to sit up. I love to draw and color and glue paper together. I work on a small magazine right now called Designed To Color. It's a great publication about coloring in the crafting world. I love to color stamped images and work them into some totally fun and funky cards and other projects. I love to think out of the box, and it really shows in my work.

2. How long have you been stamping and/or crafting?
I remember going to the dollar store with my grandma when I was five years old getting little crafts, like Perler Beads or finger knitting. She was a big knitter and if she were alive today, I'm sure she would be an even bigger scrapbooker! So in a way, I have always been crafting!

3. What are your favorite Bombshell sets and why?
I love the Sugar Skulls set! My husband is from Mexico and I love the culture over there, I love the theme of Dia De Los Muertos and all the vibrant colors. The Sugar Skull set totally brings that little part of Mexico home to me!

4. What kind of projects do you like to do?
I LOVE cards! They are so quick and easy for me to make. I also love doing little mini albums too. Tho I do scrapbook and crochet and even sew and paint here and there, making albums takes up most of my crafting time. From SMASH books to my own sewn together pages, I love documenting fun little activities that our family does.

5. What are your favorite coloring mediums?

Water mediums for sure! I love my water colors and have just discovered Aquamarkers. I love the funky flowy look they give an image.

6. Describe your crafting "style".
Awesome! /giggle I think I am a very outgoing person. Some ppl have even said that if I were an animal, it would a pink unicorn that farts glitter. And that's totally the truth! My style is fun and funky and it truly expresses the person I am.

7. Describe your crafting process. Do you start with a stamp set? A sketch? A technique you want to use?
I start with a theme. What am I going to make. Then I pick out my colors and stamps. Once I have my main idea, I sketch. Then comes the papers. After a long pause I blink and wave my magic glitter wand of awesome and BAM! There is my project!

8. Do you have any other hobbies?
I'm a huge nerd. I love to game and watch sci fi movies and t.v shows. I'm obsessed right now with Supernatural and Star Wars. It changes from time to time. Tomorrow I could be on yet another Inuyasha kick! Tho Inuyahsa sure isn't as dreaming as Dead Winchester.

9. Free for all including little facts, etc. about you.
I'm awesome.
Srsly... just ask anyone!! /grin

Now that you've learned more about our Ms. September, here are her three favorite Bombshell projects!






After seeing those, I'm sure you're going to want to check out Lizzie's blog!

1 comment:

  1. Great to have you as our exuberant Ms September, Lizzie!!! Love your bubbly outlook. FOR THE ALLIANCE!!

    ReplyDelete