full screen background image

Friday 25 January 2013

Washi Tape Background Tutorial

Happy Friday Everyone!

Today's tutorial is an easy way to use Washi Tape and your Bombshell Stamps.


 I like using washi tape as a background for my stamped image. I used the small icon stamps that are in the Bombshell Sets underneath the washi tape.

Supplies:
Bombshell Stamps Lucky Bride Set
Tsukineko Memento Ink in Jet Black
Washi Tape
Copic Markers
Star Bling / rhinestones
adhesive
pop dots
scissors
white cardstock card

First I inked up the stamp I wanted to use as the main image, stamped it and colored it with Copic Markers on white cardstock.  I fussy cut out the image, inked the edges black and set it aside to dry.

I cut out a square using Sizzix dies and a die-cutting/embossing machine, but you can also just cut down a piece of cardstock to 3 1/2 by 3 1/2.  I then stamped the small diamond and bow icon stamp onto the square. 
 Once it was dry, I took a piece of washi tape and placed it across the top of the square, securing the ends of the tape to the back.
I just continued placing the washi tape overlapping the pieces slightly until the entire square was covered.
Next, I placed pop dots underneath this square piece and adhered it onto a white cardstock card. 
I then attached the Bliss Horseshoe stamped image onto the top of the washi tape square using pop dots underneath for more dimension.
 And then added some star bling in each corner.

So there you have it, a quick and easy way to use those icon stamps and a washi tape way to show off your awesome Bombshell artwork!

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  If you have any questions please ask below!

Happy Bombshell Craftin'!
- Kim

1 comment:

  1. This was a freaking kewl tutorial. I had no idea Washi tape could be used in this way. I really like the background it created and it so perfect for your image. Great card.

    ReplyDelete